One of the most important tasks for any construction project, a thorough topographic (‘topo’) survey can prevent costly delays by highlighting issues surrounding;
- the difference between a site’s existing ground levels,
- the actual ground levels versus the proposed design levels,
- the accurate positioning of proposed works and
- the ability to check that the physical and legal boundaries of the site match up with current documentation.
When executed at the initial stages of a project, these checks prevent costly delays by highlighting any ground (or current plan) anomalies, creating a dialogue for preplanning and decision making that will ultimately keep projects on track and within budget.
Our most requested Topographic Survey instructions come from clients requiring a layout or base plan of their land prior to development. These surveys are usually instructed alongside one of our Underground Utilities Surveys so that clients can get the full picture above and below the ground, which can then be passed on to designers and architects in any format. It’s worth noting that we are able to supply all of our surveys in BIM (Building Information Modelling) compatible software formats for the crucial first layer of building design.
There are four different types of topographical survey to suit your specific needs:
1. Large and small Topographic Surveys, see our Standard Topographical Survey Specification list to help you compile your survey request
2. GPS (Global Positioning Systems) Surveys for surveying large tracts of land on the ground,
3. Aerial Surveys for fast mapping of areas that are difficult to access, hazardous or inhospitable for any reason and
4. As-Built Surveys to present an accurate layout of post construction for road and sewer adoption, amongst other things.
Whatever your needs we are happy to chat in detail about how we can best fulfil your requirements as we know that every survey is individual to each of our clients.
Just fill in your details below and the survey specification list will be available to download immediately
- Experienced at keeping a project on time and within budget
- Your plans delivered in your exact required software
- Experts at solving complex mapping and engineering challenges
- A fast, flexible and accurate topographic mapping service
- Bespoke base plans tailored exclusively to your needs
Our other services
Powers & Tiltman Land Surveyors were commissioned to undertake measured building surveys for redevelopment of some of their luxury suites and for building information modelling (BIM) requirements at this iconic landmark.... Read more.
It’s always a joy to survey an old building, not least because there is always an element of surprise. This is particularly the case with churches – the combination of their age, their unique architecture and the inevitable additions/alterations which have been made over time make them a fascinating subject.... Read more.
Helping to create accurate visuals of the new £115m NOMA development scheme with Virtual Planit. There’s nothing more powerful than an accurate image to enable developers to share their vision of a major new building. And this was particularly the case when Moda Living wanted to present their plans for a 36-storey tower on Manchester’s up-and-coming NOMA development.... Read more.