A "Best Approach" management system pulling together all available disciplines and technologies to produce as near a complete picture of a site as is possible.
- Collation and on site analysis of statutory record / guide drawings
- Deployment of electromagnetic devices to location and map metallic buried services. To locate and map accessible sewers and ducts
- Deploying Ground Probing Radar to establish position and depth of non-metallic, fibre optic and plastic buried services
- Production of a topographical base plan
- Final deliverable being an accurate scaled colour co-ordinated presentation of the site as it exists
- Production of a survey report outlining confidence levels
We combine state of the art technology with our extensive knowledge to establish the accurate positions and depths of buried services that exist beneath a site which can then be clearly marked on one of our topographic surveys.
A chat with one of our experts will only take a few minutes but could prove an enormous cost saving in the long run.
Robust Surveys work in compliance with:
Level 6 TSA Utility Survey Guidance Notes
Survey category type A – PAS 128 proposal document
What sort of equipment is used for underground utilities surveys?
We use EM + GPR technology:
EM (Electro Magnetic) technology traces live services or known services that a low voltage electric pulse can be passed along and traced from the surface.
GPR (Ground Penetration Radar) once all known services have been traced using EM, GPR is then used to scan the site for any services which are unable to be located by EM e.g. plastic pipes or unknown services.
Do underground utilities detect everything?
No underground utilities will trace most services on site using a combination of service records, EM + GPR. The majority of services will be traced. There are limitations however. Services which are too deep or too small for GPR to get a clear reading and are not shown on statutory record plans may not be detected.
Can you tell how deep the services are?
Yes the GPR + EM equipment lets us know the depth of the service being traced.
- Experienced at keeping a project on time and within budget
- Your plans delivered in your exact required software
- Experts at solving complex mapping and engineering challenges
- A fast, flexible and accurate topographic mapping service
- Bespoke base plans tailored exclusively to your needs